Black Magic is currently looking for a Jr. Front-End Web Developer (remote contract) to build dazzling, innovative web-based experiences. You’ll be working as part of a team, building wicked new features and maintaining existing ones on several websites. The perfect candidate will have a keen eye for detail and high design, code quality, and efficiency standards. If you enjoy tackling complex technical challenges, have a passion for delighting customers, and are ambitious to push yourself in a team-oriented culture — you will thrive in our environment.
EXPERIENCE & MAGICAL TALENTS
- Expertise in current and new front-end web development tools and techniques
- Familiarity with PHP, MySQL and Node
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks, e.g. React, Vue, etc.
- Expertise in Craft CMS, WordPress, and Shopify development
- Experience with Git and issue tracking systems, excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD
- Demonstrated a genuine interest and ability to experiment with new technologies
- Excellent Techie BFF-worthy communication skills (team and clients)
- Multitasking wizard — ability to juggle tasks and prioritize
- Strong time management and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Respond well to direction and constructive feedback
OUR REMOTE CULTURE
We've gone completely remote, and we love it. Every once in a while we do meet in person, but we spend most of our time in the cloud chatting on Slack or meeting on Google Meet. And since we've done this for a while now, we understand that working from home can be the most liberating way of working for some, but a challenging situation for others, so as long as your tasks are completed and your deadlines are met, we're all set for success. We do expect you to work a full day and be available to hop on an internal or a client call during normal business hours, but we don't expect you to be at your desk for 8 straight hours, in fact, we encourage you to take the occasional, but much refreshing break.